Our team at Stanford Legal Design Lab collaborated with a court, help center team, and community stakeholders in Cincinnati to build an eviction help webpage.
In this video, you can see a walkthrough of the choices we made to make the site as successful as possible in being discoverable, engaging, and usable to tenants and landlords.
It walks through our homepage design choices, and flags some of the important things other legal aid and court partners can do on their websites:
- Make a clear brand and call to action that is about empowerment
- Flag your jurisdiction clearly and often
- Provide distinct pathways & options for the different parties in the case
- Link to phone numbers and websites of financial assistance, legal assistance, and others who can help with the problem that’s related to the website
- Give links to people who can help a person who decides they don’t actually want to DIY this legal process